Digital PCR – Applications and analysis
2 days Digital PCR – Applications and analysis
Target audience: Beginners to Medium experienced digital PCR users
Entrance qualifications: Basic Molecular biology or similar
Description: This course gives an overview of digital PCR and its applications. The course consists of theoretical parts, which will focus on the different applications where digital PCR is advantageous, different instruments available and how the analysis is performed. The course will also contain practical parts where the participants will run digital PCR experiments with following analysis.
The course contains:
Introduction to digital PCR:
- What is digital PCR?
- How does it work?
- When is digital PCR useful?
- How to use digital PCR for absolute quantification.
- How is Copy Number Variation, CNV, analysis performed?
- The advantage of digital PCR for rare mutation detection.
- How to do linkage analysis with digital PCR.
- How to use digital PCR for analysis of Next generation sequencing libraries.
- Gene expression analysis with digital PCR.
Basic statistics for digital PCR analysis:
- What is Poisson distribution?
- What is the error in our measurement?
- What is it that affects the precision?
- What is it that affects the accuracy?
- Which controls are needed?
- Which instruments are available?
- How do they work?
- Which are the differences?
The digital PCR reaction:
- What to think about when designing assays for digital PCR.
- Optimization of digital PCR.
- Trouble shooting
The digital MIQE guidelines:
- What is specific in the digital MIQE guidelines?
- Which information is important from a digital PCR experiment?
Practical experiments using digital PCR instruments.