Genotyping with qPCR
Learn about performing genotyping using qPCR.
1 DAY Genotyping with qPCR
Target audience: Beginners to Medium experienced qPCR users
Entrance qualifications: Hands-on qPCR module or similar knowledge
Description: This course will give an introduction to SNP analysis. The course consists of a theoretical part and a practical part where participants get to do SNP analysis experiments by themselves under experienced supervision.
The course contains:
Introduction to small nucleotide polymorphism, SNP
- What is a SNP?
- Different ways to analyze genetic variants.
Introduction to HRM
- What is High Resolution Melting?
- How does it work and how is it used for genotyping?
- Which instruments can be used?
- Design and optimization of HRM assays.
Probe based genotyping
- Commonly used probe technologies for genotyping analysis.
- How are they used?
New techniques for genotyping and rare mutation detection
- Specialized PCR methods like CastPCR, RNase H dependent PCR and myT primers
- What is digital PCR and how can it be used for rare mutation detection?
- Introduction to Next generation sequencing and how can it be used for genotyping.
Hands-on lab running HRM experiment and analyzing genotype of unknown samples.
Hands-on lab running genotyping experiment using probe based assay.
Participants will learn how experiments are set up and how data is analyzed with the different technologies.