Learn how to extract and analyze miRNA with appropriate technique!
2 days miRNA analysis
Target audience: Researchers interested in analyzing microRNA.
Entrance qualifications: Basic knowledge about microRNA and molecular analyses.
Description: This course introduces miRNA and its variant forms. Methods to extract and purify microRNA and prepare it for analysis, including quality control. Methods for microRNA expression analysis are presented and compared, to learn how to too choose the best method for each study. Analysis of microRNA data is also discussed, including challenging normalization.
The course contains:
- MicroRNA background including biogenesis and function
- MicroRNA extraction – sampling, miRNA stability, extraction kit comparison
- Quality Control of miRNA
- MicroRNA and liquid biopsies – challenges of miRNA analysis in biofluids
- Hands-on lab testing of quality and quantity of miRNA
- MicroRNA quantification with microarray, nanoString, NGS and RT -qPCR methods
- Comparison of miRNA quantification methods
- Experimental design and data analysis
- RT-qPCR normalization of miRNA data
- Introduction to NGS data analysis
- Hands-on lab of miRNA RT-qPCR analysis including data analysis in Genex