NGS – Library construction and quality control, 1 day
1 day NGS – Library construction and quality control, 1 day
This course gives an introduction to Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and its many applications. The course will focus on considerations for the NGS experiment design, the different sequencing platforms, quality control of samples, library preparation techniques, and quantification of libraries for sequencing.
Introduction to NGS:
- The history of DNA sequencing
- What are the advantages with NGS? Disadvantages?
- What is coverage, index, multiplexing, depth etc…
- DNA – Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS), targeted resequencing etc.
- RNASeq – Expression analysis, Splice variants detection etc.
- Metagenomic sequencing
- Epigenetic sequencing
Sample preparation and quality control:
- Which starting material can be used for NGS?
- Which quality controls are included in the experimental workflow?
- How to choose the right library prep protocol.
- Which platforms are available?
- How do they work?
- Which platform is suitable for my experiment?