Molecular microbiological identification and typing22nd November
Molecular microbiological identification and typing
TATAA Biocenter are proud to collaborate with RISE Research Institutes of Sweden and invites you to our course.
Course date: 17-18 Januari 2018. The courses start at 9 am and ends between 4.30 and 5.30 pm.
Registration deadline: 2 January 2018.
Course Language: Course will be held in English. Lecturers are Swedish.
- Day 1, RISE, Jordbruk och livsmedel, Frans Perssons väg 6, Göteborg
- Day 2, TATAA Biocenter, Odinsgatan 28, Göteborg
Responsible teachers: Charlotta Löfström PhD, Erik Nygren PhD, Johanna Edlund MSc, Filip Stern PhD
Number of students: Up to 15 students
Course fee: 2 days theoretical course inclusive laboratory experiment, 9000 SEK/attendee (excluded VAT). The course fee includes tuition, course materials, lunch, beverage, light snack, and fruits. Course fees DO NOT include accommodation, airfare or other travel costs.
Molecular analysis methods used for identification and typing of microorganisms are important to determine properties of the microbial strain, e.g. antimicrobial resistance, or to trace outbreaks in the food production chain. In recent years, novel technologies have been introduced based on thorough investigations of the nucleic acid content (DNA/RNA) of the microorganism.
This course provides you with an overview of some of these techniques and gives advice on how to interpret the complex data that are generated. The course focuses on quantitative PCR, whole genome sequencing and metagenomics. Some examples of software and approaches to data analysis of sequencing data will be provided.
Who should attend this course?
The target group for this course includes persons with experience with microbiological analysis methods in e.g. the food or pharmaceutical industry, who needs increased knowledge about methods used for microbial identification, with focus on new DNA/RNA based analysis techniques.
We recommend that you have good knowledge and experience with microbiological laboratory work.
After attending this course, participants will have obtained knowledge about molecular methods for identification and typing of microorganisms.
Focus in the course is on novel molecular techniques such as qPCR, whole genome sequencing and metagenomics. Some tools for data analysis will also be demonstrated.
End-of-year offer!16th November
Offer: Pick products from at least 2 of the workflow steps below:
RNA extraction solutions
- All RNA extraction kits from Norgen Biotek
- CelluLyser™ Lysis and cDNA Synthesis Kit
- CelluLyser™ Micro Lysis and cDNA Synthesis Kit
Quality control products
- Reference Gene Panels – find the most stable reference genes
- ValidPrime® – control for gDNA background
- TATAA Universal RNA and DNA Spikes – control for inhibition
- TATAA Interplate Calibrator – compensate for variations between qPCR runs
- Heat&Run gDNA Removal Kit
- PCR Decontamination Kit
- TATAA DeltaAmp Quality assay – a new molecular method to assess RNA/DNA integrity with qPCR
- VisiBlue™ – qPCR Mix Colorant
- BOXTO – control for Primer Dimers in Probe based qPCR assays
cDNA synthesis and qPCR reagents
- TATAA GrandScript cDNA Synthesis Kit
- TATAA GrandScript cDNA SuperMix
- TATAA GrandMaster and GenMaster mixes
*The 22% discount is valid for orders placed 16th of November to 20th of December 2017. Order directly from TATAA Biocenter in our webshop (webshop.tataa.com) or by e-mail to email@example.com, the discount will show in the order confirmation. The discount cannot be combined with other offers or discounts.